When it came to weaning her third child Francesca (she was almost called Plum actually, but that’s another story) she took one look at the stodgy, flavourless foods available in the supermarket and thought, “Surely someone can do better than that!”
So she resolved to use her own cookery skills and knowledge of healthy eating to create a range of meals that would revolutionise the weaning of babies. As she said herself, “I wanted to create real food for babies that delivered taste, nutrition and goodness in every mouthful”.
Susie based her meals on super foods, like quinoa and blueberries, because they’re packed with all the super nutrients that little ones need to develop healthy minds, healthy bodies and adventurous tastes. And she devised recipes that would blow away the bland, over-processed foods clogging up the babyfood aisles.
Following a successful visit to a major retailer (who didn’t need much convincing once they tasted the food), Plum was born.
Since then, Plum has made huge strides and set themselves apart from other big baby food manufacturers. And they’ve dedicated every waking minute to improving all aspects of a baby’s development through diet and celebrating motherhood as the single most important fantastic job in the world.
At Plum, we make sure our meals nourish every aspect of a baby’s development – the parts that help them learn and explore, grow and develop motor skills, build their immune system and communicate and interact with others – the texture even helps exercise the tiny muscles used for speech. Because if we feed every part we can, your baby has more chance of being all he or she can be.
And perhaps more important, Plum provides an intelligent alternative to home-made, so parents needn’t feel guilty about not spending hours in the kitchen. Opening a Plum pouch means giving babies the perfect dietary balance for their age. It means laying the foundations for a lifetime healthy diet.
It means, in short, giving them a Plum start.
- 2006 Plum launched with a range of six mouth watering stage 1 recipes
- 2007 Plum extends range to include recipes for 7+ months as well as breakfast cereals
- 2008 Launched 12+ months Muesli and a range of toddler meals for 10+ months
- 2009 Plum breaks into the dairy category with a delicious sugar free fromage frais, introduces the innovative pouch format and a range of nutritious snacks
- 2010 Plum launched a range of savoury snacks to keep little ones going in-between meals
- 2011 Following the successful launch of Fromage Frais, Plum launches an organic sugar free yogurt and two breakfast pouches for those busy mornings
- 2012 Plum launches six new pouches, including 2 puddings as well as Oaty Chomp bars a perfect snack for 12+ months
To find out more about Plum visit